mercoledì 15 giugno 2011

No Internet!

On Monday night I was working on a project for my French class when my Internet router broke. My roommate was using hers to study for an exam, so I couldn’t ask. At that hour it wasn’t safe to walk to the library alone.
I was really upset because the project, due by 11:59pm on Tuesday, had 70 assignments, and I had only gotten 30 done. In addition, I had readings for a few other classes, two other papers and my senior project proposal to do before the end of the week. I went to bed very upset.
When I woke up Tuesday morning, I was still freaking out. My Blackberry buzzed with an email from a friend: “Trust in God, even when things are tough.”
I decided to follow the advice and not worry. I took an exam later that morning and spent my free time between classes finishing up my project. I was able to do most of the work and even had time to get a head start on a presentation for another class. I felt a great sense of calm.
—S. C., New York

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento