mercoledì 11 dicembre 2013

God’s sense of humour

By Cristina Tortalla
Source: LivingCity
When I started my first job after college, it was at a Catholic organization, and when I first arrived there I thought that everyone who worked there would be “nice.” But I soon realized that even in a religious organization, there are all kinds of people with all kinds of attitudes. I understood that loving would have to start from me.
Since the organization had been going through some restructuring, people were being laid off and departments re-organized. This caused tension, fear and suspense, and created strange dynamic even in my own team. It seemed that some colleagues were trying to make me look bad in front of my supervisors. I stopped looking forward to going to work. And in order to avoid the gossip and negativity, I decided to stay out of the way and just focus on doing my job the best I could.
One day when I went to Mass during my lunch break, I had arrived late. The moment I entered the church, the priest was reading the Gospel that said: “If you say you love me but don’t love your brother, you are a liar.”
Going back to the office, I knew what I had to do. It was so hard to smile at my colleague and ask how she was — it hurt my pride, but I made it.
Now I try to keeping going ahead doing this, and every time I fall, that reading comes to mind and helps me start again. God knows how to talk to us, and he really has a sense of humor!


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento