After distributing Noche Buena packages to 1250 families in 7 different typhoon-struck areas in the Visayan regions, the Noche Buena Project crew decides to move on to Phase II under the new programme - START AGAIN PROJECT.
The START AGAIN PROJECT aims to help rebuild the spirits, lives, and communities of typhoon-struck areas in the Visayan regions with their 7-POINT PLAN including rebuilding schools, medical missions, soup kitchens, school supplies drives, and the like.
Beginning with the community in San Joaquin Parish, Palo, Leyte, the START AGAIN PROJECT hopes to reach as many people as possible.
START AGAIN PROJECT 7-POINT PLAN
This is what we want to do: to help the survivors of Typhoon Yolanda in rebuilding spirits, lives, and communities, beginning with SAN JOAQUIN PARISH in Palo, Leyte.
- ROOF FOR SCHOOLS – to provide roofs and ceilings to the classrooms destroyed by typhoon Yolanda;
- SCHOOL SUPPLIES DRIVE – to collect and distribute sets of school supplies for students;
- YOLANDA MEMORIAL – to build a memorial for the hundreds buried in mass graves who were victims of the typhoon;
- POTABLE WATER SYSTEMS – to bring potable water systems to typhoon-struck areas to provide drinkable water;
- HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRAMMES – to give scholarships to deserving youth for higher education;
- SOUP KITCHEN – to conduct feeding programmes especially for children and youth;
- MEDICAL MISSION – to provide medical care and assistance to the survivors of Typhoon Yolanda.