giovedì 27 febbraio 2014

South Africa: breaking down barriers

Sharing with Africa brings to South Africa. Here is a  message we received from Imma e Marcellin:
“Many warm greetings from Johannesburg, South Africa!
Last Sunday (09/02/2014) we had our “Youth for a United World” meeting. We had started preparing for it for quite some time and we were all worked enthusiastically for it!
You cannot imagine our joy after seeing that this meeting turned out to be a big success! We were 105 young people from 18 to 30 years of age.
Since our country is so marked by many ethnic divisions, we focused our attention on a question: “Is a United World only a dream? Which are the challenges that today’s young people have to face?
A brief introduction on our Movement and the Genfest video “Let’s Bridge” triggered it all up.
Here’s an extract of what we shared:
“Being with you today has been an amazing experience. I have learnt a lot and it has made me realize how important unity is and how it affects our everyday lives when it comes to racial segregation and division among people. It has taught me that unity always goes with love and love is what unites us in diversity. I also understood the fact that a United World is not a dream but a reality. It is something that affects us every day and people has to realize what it means to be united. Thanks”

“I had great time today and I hope to come again soon. I have gained a lot and have learnt more about love in God’s eyes. I hope I get invited to this meeting again and become full time member. Thank you for making me feel welcomed”.

“I really enjoyed the meeting of the Youth for a United Word. It’s inspired me and learned more about it”.
“This was a beautiful day which answered many of my questions. Also giving me a clear indication of what a United World really is and how to go about it. I learnt that it starts with me and the choice I make in life”.

“I hope I get invited for more meetings because I really enjoyed today’s meeting. The focolare meeting gives me hope to continue life”.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento